Tremont ArtWalk May 8, 2015, 6-9PM Shows run throughout the month, contact establishments for additional hours
Sure to be the highlight of the May Artwalk is a new installation by Daiv Waley called Skygarden 2 at Housetremont.com, consisting of helium-filled, eco-friendly balloons filled with flower seeds that he will release throughout the evening to the accompaniment of violinist Emily Durway. Come and watch the future of flowers leap skyward!
Our cover features Helmets and Hondas, vintage Honda motorcycles and handmade motorcycle gear at Clutch & Green Garage Studio, 2301 W 11. We also welcome Lovejoy Photography to the neighborhood at 1017 Fairfield Ave., featuring photography by Carla & Sheldon Lovejoy. Come over to Lovejoy Photography to get 5 x 7 instant photos for $10; part of proceeds going to Renee Jones Empowerment Center to fight Human Trafficking. Doubting Thomas features a new exhibit entitled Stalkers, Smokers, and Sluts, by Maria Winiarski. May is the last month to catch the first two installments of Dark Silver, a film based portrait project by Steven Mastroianni at Mastroianni Photography and Arts, 2687 W. 14th.
And in between galleries and shopping, be sure to get your ice cream fix at Tremont Scoops, 2362 Professor Ave., which will be open until 11PM on Artwalk night.
- Addictions Salon and Spa / 755 Starkweather
Work by Hedge Gallery artists Hillary D. Gent and Sarah Hayes. Mini manicure and pedicure $30, Men’s cuts $18
- Bac Asian American Bistro and Bar 2661 West 14th Street / 216-938-8960
David M. Uschold Photographic Prints on Canvas
- Banyan Tree 2242 Professor Ave. / 216-241-1209 Red I Jewelry- Susan Scaparotti
- BG Art Gallery / 722 Literary Rd / 216-272-6995,
Open by appointment only
- Calluna 807 Literary Rd heatherdianadesigns.com
- Clutch & Green Garage Studio 2301 W 11 / 216.650.3515
HELMETS & HONDAS.–On view: Swell Vintage Honda Motorcycles & Helmets. Available in GGS: limited edition handmade bike accessories
- doubting thomas gallery/ 856 Jefferson Ave. / 330-958-4911 Fri. – Sat. 6 – 10 pm or by appointment
Stalkers, Smokers, and Sluts, paintings by Maria Winiarski, Speial Guest Artist James Hendy
- Edison’s Pub 2373 Professor Ave. / 216-522-0006 M – Sun. 4 pm to 2 am Live music Saturday night
- Fat Cats – 2061 West 10th Street
Landscape paintings by Betsy Jaszczak
- Flying Monkey/819 Jefferson Ave. / 216-861-MNKY
- Grumpy’s 2621 West 14th Street / 216-241-5025 Mon 7 am – 3 pm, Tue – Thurs 7 am – 9 pm, Fri 7 am – 10 pm, Sat 8 am –10 pm, Sun 8 am – 3 pm
Work by Greg Murray, Annie Riede, and Liz Stevens Anderson
- Housetremont.com / 216-323-0085
Skygarden 2, Spring installation by Daiv Waley
2338 Scranton Road
- KasparLab 1026 Kenilworth: Public Installation by Chris Kaspar
- Lava Lounge 1307 Auburn Ave. / 216-589-9112
M – Sat. 5 pm to 2:30 am,Sun. 7 pm – 2 am
- Lilly Handmade Chocolates 761 Starkweather Avenue / 216-771-3333 Hours: Tues-Sat. 12 pm-8 pm Sun 11 am-3 pm, closed Mon. Come enjoy edible art! Beautiful handmade chocolate confections.
- The Literary Cafe/ 1031 Literary Rd featuring the The Pretentious Tremont Artists Drawing Club: live models every Friday.
2180 W 11/216-298-5096
Paintings by Ana Linger and Ari M. Warner
- Lovejoy Photography 1017 Fairfield Ave / 440-263-8825
Photography by Carla & Sheldon Lovejoy
get 5 x 7 instant photos for $10 (part of proceeds going to Renee Jones Empowerment Center to fight Human Trafficking)
- Lucky’s Cafe 777 Starkweather / 216-622-7773 Open 7 days a week, weekend brunch
- Mastroianni Photography and Arts 2687 W. 14th
Closing reception for Dark Silver II: 12X by Steve Mastroianni
- The Paul Duda Gallery 2342 Professor Ave. / 216-589-5788
- Prosperity Social Club 1109 Starkweather / 216-937-1938
Martini 5-0 at 9 p.m.
Creative mutations by Sean J Kelly, Jeff Janis, Tia Janis
- The Southside – 2207 W. 11th St. / 216-937-2288
M – Sun. 11:30am – 2:30 am Lunch, Dinner & Drinks
- Tremont Montessori School 2409 West 10 St
Identity: Student work, band at 5:45, crafts, refreshments
820 College / 216-696-2505
Mon – Sun 4 – 2 a.m.
- Tremont Scoops 2362 Professor Ave.
Open until 11pm on Artwalk night
751 Starkweather Ave / 216-781-8000
Sun. Hours Noon – 3 p.m.
Offering Interior Design, Home Décor,
Gifts, Art & Wine.
Wine Tastings every ArtWalk!